This year’s Read-a-Thon kicks off on Friday February 26th.
Be An All-Star Reader and help reach our one million minutes Read-a-Thon goal.
Have a little extra fun on our three themed reading minute Record Sheet turn in days:
Friday 3/4 – Week 1: Crazy ‘book character’ Hat Day
Friday 3/11 – Week 2: Bring your favorite book to share at recess/lunch Friday 3/18 – Week 3: Wear Red, White & Blue
If the school reaches the one million minute goal the classrooms in each grade with the highest minute totals for the month will get an activity reward on March 22nd!
- There are three Record Sheets printed on the attached page. Please cut them into separate sheets, one for each week of the Read-a-Thon.
- Get ready to read!!! Read aloud to a friend or a pet, listen to someone else read aloud (think Family Reading Night), read a book, a magazine, a newspaper, even a comic book!
- Please use a clock, timer or stopwatch to track the minutes you read. Please do not guess or estimate your minutes. Tracking the actual time keeps it fun and fair for everyone!
- If you read at school during free time or recess have your teacher/librarian/campus supervisor initial your Record Sheet so your parents know to count those minutes.
- Please, please, please be sure to TOTAL your minutes at the end of each week in the Weekly Total box on your Read-a-Thon Record Sheet and have your parent SIGN verifying the number of minutes read.
- Turn in your weekly Read-a-Thon Record Sheet to your teacher (see turn in days above).
- What “counts” as reading you ask?
- Reading before or after school or at recess or lunch
- Reading during free time in class time
- People reading aloud to you, you reading aloud to other people outside of class
- If you read to your friend or sibling who attends our school it counts for both of you!
- Reading aloud to your dog, cat, goldfish or other pets
- Getting up early/staying up later to read, only if you have your parent’s permission☺